Monday, September 04, 2006

Ready for retirement

I am not even half way to retirement, but I still have to think about sorting out my retirement plan, if you are to listen to the experts.

Though, if I am lucky, the world will have changed so many times that I won’t need to retire, and I won’t have to worry about it. But according to a survey 81 per cent plan to stop working when they reach their retirement age.

Meanwhile businesses are starting to worry about the loss of knowledge when the silver haired retires.

"To halt the rush to the trout stream, employers must offer flexible working, says Mark Cahill, managing director of Manpower UK. When people can expect to change careers at least three times in their lifetime, flexibility is at the front of employers’ and workers’ minds."

I am far from ready to retire. For one I have only changed career once…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home