Saturday, August 19, 2006

Who's negative?

Human beings have an amazing knack for remembering the positive and suppressing the negative.

For example, when I think back to the year I spend in Norway after college do I remember the minus 30 degrees celcius in the winter? Do I remember how you couldn't buy anything but low alcohol beers in the one shop? Do I remember the prices you had to pay for a pint of lager at the pub? No, I remember the beautiful views, the parties, the skiing. Ok I didn't really do that much skiing, even though I lived in a skiing resort.

And when I was at school, I hated school, do I remember why I hated school? No I remember the few good times I had.

And don't even get my started on what the weather was like when I was a kid!

As our four year old puts it, "It is always sunny at my school" (He starts this September)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home