Thursday, August 24, 2006

A spoon full of sugar...

I had a couple of birthday cards and a present to my pregnant friend in Denmark which needed posting, so I went to the post office in my lunch break.

Normally I would pick up a freshly made sandwich from the café in our office, but since I was out and about it was easier to pick something up in town, and we all know what they say about a change being as good as a holiday.

I went to Boots and had a ‘Delicious Wrap’, and it was delicious. I had a bag of ‘Delicious lightly salted hand cooked vegetable crisps’, not so delicious, but ok. Normally I would just have water with my lunch, but since the Boots meal deal included a free drink I thought I would give their ‘Delicious Cranberry & Blueberry Still Hi Juice Drink’ a try.

The Delicious range promises to have been ‘Created by food lovers exclusively for Boots’. Since when do food lovers love chemicals? I don’t buy many soft drinks, otherwise I would have remembered to read the small print!

Ingredients: Spring water, Cranberry Juice from concentrate, Blueberry Juice from Concentrate, Flavourings, Stabiliser, Preservatives, Sweeteners, Antioxidants, Citric Acid.

I can live with the odd preservatives, stabilisers, flavourings and antioxidants, but sweetener is a complete no go. Sugar is like fat, it adds the flavour! So what happens when you take sugar (and fat) out of my food? You take away my flavours!

Don’t replace my sugar with sweetener! Foodlovers love sugar!

And don't forget; I was Recommended. Please visit and leave a comment. It would be rude not to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in the days we used rocks as sugar..

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home