Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Animal fascination

Parcel Force drove up in front of our house this morning, just as we where about to leave. A giant box of presents in time for Christmas. Plenty of time for Christmas as to kill two birds with one stone. Box included early december birthday presents.

"Is that present for me?", "Is that for Christmas?", "Is he going to take the other presents to the other children?". Now my son thinks Parcel Force, and their red vans are the modern Santas helpers.

My so has two wishes for Christmas, lots of animals (I is convinced the box is full of toy animals) and a Christmas three. When I picked him up from nursery this evening he was playing with a toy grasshopper. Who makes toy grashoppers?

Snails not moving for months and giant centrepieds. Bat eating centrrpieds. Life in the undergrowth, by David Attenborough. The latest animal program to suit the modern micro photographer. Have you ever watched a snail eating a leaf, close up?

I rememeber my favourite bioligy assignment, the one and only where we ddn't have a set subject, was about the ladybug and it's relatives. Mostly about it's relatives. There is something weirdly facinationg about insects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home