Monday, November 21, 2005

Wellington boots

Driving down the road, passing road signs picturing a tank, "Vehicles turning", and "troops crossing", you know you are nearing Aldershot, the home of the British Army.

I don't work for the army, and never have had much to do with the army, so I will stay clear of that subject. But something else which livs in Aldershot is the Wellington statue, and a Wellington roundabout, Wellington road, and with Britains well known wet weather, lots of Wellington boots.

When I was at school one of my fellow students, I would not call her a friend, but she came to my birthday party in a dress and green Wellington boots.

Wellington boots can be quite the fashion. Mine are very fashionable. Though not exactly green, or original Wellington boots, or boots for that matter. They are more like orange wellington shoes really. But very trendy.

3 Comments:

Blogger unfuel the planet said...

i am always curious what is the relation betwen girls and shoes..

they somehow never seem to have enough of them

(nothing personal just an observation)

9:33 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's true, Ankur. There is no such thing as having enough shoes...

11:00 am  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Wellington wasn't a girl... different times I guess

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home