Tuesday, March 15, 2005

No Tomorrow

I would wake up in the morning
I would come home from work
I would grab my red shoes
I would meet a stranger
We would eat
We would drink
We would party
We would part
I would wake up in the morning…

Before I had a family I lived life as if there was no tomorrow. That is after living life as if work was the only thing keeping me alive. Working 16 hour days, and often 5 days a week, never seemed like a big deal, at the time, but afterwards… I do not miss it… I turned on a coin and started living as if there was no tomorrow.

So in between being a workaholic and becoming all domesticated, I used to live as if there was no tomorrow. I would pick up a new date several times a week. Some I would see again, some I just wouldn’t bother with for more than the evening and whatever the night could offer. I would spend every penny I had before I even got around to doing the food shopping. Living on baked beans or cheese on toast, and alcohol and Redbull, I managed to get completely run down in 6 months. That’s when I decided to spend a couple of nights in.

The only problem with getting into the habit of not sleeping more than 3-4 hours a night, apart from the obvious sleep-deprivation, is you cannot just go back to sleeping 7 hours a night, so I would sit up browsing the internet and its chat rooms, doing my best not to pick up a date for the weekend. You can learn a lot of interesting useless stuff in some of these public chat rooms. Not that I remember any of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home