Wednesday, March 09, 2005

D-Day

Today being the big day where I was supposed to start some real work. You would expect that after a month at the same desk. Well, I would, but then I would expect some work after two days. Bot it was not to happen. The morning was full of promises, but as the afternoon materialised the possibilities where shrinking.

So I sit here pondering again. Where does the word 'ponder' come from I wonder? Wonder with a P? Anyway, having lived in England for more than a dozen years I am by now getting used to the english. Though I am no closer to understanding them. How come, when asked, "How are you?" the answer is rarely negative, it is just not the done thing, no matter how bad you feel. But on the other hand, when the topic of the weather comes up, which it often does, 9 out of 10 it is negative. Is the weather the scapegoat for everything? and how does that work? Don't cry over spilt milk... take it out on the weather!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home