Monday, March 14, 2005

Gone

I woke up this morning and thought I was still dreaming, when I heard the radio newscaster announcing the traffic news for Monday morning. They are playing, “I can’t wait for the weekend to begin” on the radio, so it must be Monday. Grey clouds, 0°C, ice on my windscreen, and we decided to go and feed the ducks on our way to nursery/work. It was refreshing, if nothing else, and despite the grey sky the lake was beautiful and the swans came from all over when we started feeding the ducks, scaring the ducks away though. A flock of 20 hungry swans can be rather intimidating when you are only 2½, but we managed to share our left over bread crumbs among them, before they started attacking each other, and splashing water all over us.
I don’t think I have ever seen so many swans in one place at a time. They where like starlings when they arrive in your back garden to raid the bird feeders, only prettier.

Being Monday, I was expecting some kind of traffic mayhem, but it failed to materialise, so I arrived in the office in plenty of time for a coffee before I even had to boot up my PC. Not that there was much actual work for me to do this morning, and this afternoon has been even slower. I did my rounds this morning, begging for work, but no one had anything they could pass over for me to do, except my boss who asked me to run a report for him, which took all of 5 minutes, including downloading, manipulating and emailing it. Anyway, I am not here to run reports and be a general dogsbody! I have been given a new date for receiving my assignments; Thursday. I’m counting the hours, or I would be, if I knew what time on Thursday I would get my assignments. Just in time for me to go on Easter holiday next Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home