Sunday, November 05, 2006

Time heals

About ten years ago I got involved with the wrong man. In the beginning it was like any other new relationship. We had fun, he made romantic gestures, etc. He had bad days, but we all have bad days, and we can all have a short fuse from time to time.

The bad days got more and more frequent, and less and less like the bad days you and I have, but more and more like the bad days in a nightmare. It slowly, almost unnoticably, crept in on the relationship.

One day I woke up and I was in a violent relationship, and that is just half the story.

8 years on I still get sleepsless nights and nightmares.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW... I have luckily never been in one of those, and can't even begin to imagine what it's like... And don't really know what to say other than that I hope that time WILL heal, quickly...

10:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you the courage it must have taken to get out, I hope you never have to endure something that horrible again.

2:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home