Monday, May 08, 2006

Car vs. junk

I love our car. Which is off course why we, like so many other people, park our car in the drive while we fill the garage with junk.

The problem off course is, that if we where to park the car in the garage we would have to put the junk in the drive and how would we get the car out?

There is off course another problem with parking the car in the garage. It doesn't actually fit. That is, if we folded in the wing mirrors we could probably fit it in at a squeeze, but I wouldn't much fancy having to reverse the car out of a tight space with no wing mirrors. And more importantly, if there isn't even room for the wing mirrors, how would I open the doors to get out? Anyone fancy a climb through the boot?

When they buildt our garage, I think they had the old Mini Cooper in mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

If I had a garage that is probably what would happen to me too. We are pack rats and all that SPACE that no one SEES!! Just TOOO good to be true. Put the 'stuff' in and shut the door. The car will be fine in the driveway ... unless of course, it starts to rain cats and dogs ... and then you might get an occasional dent. But what's a little dent, when you would have to give up so MUCH space!!!

7:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I wonder why they DO that though, seriously. We're moving in a few weeks and the place we're going to has a garage. Now luckily one of our cars is an MR2 and it'll fit in perfectly.. anything bigger no way!

3:45 pm  
Blogger Joanna S Kelley said...

Man. I am grateful for my big, generous 2 car garage!

Oh. And I love the quote...about the name being safe in one's mouth. That is beautiful.

7:47 am  
Blogger Curly K said...

Just logged onto your blog via Grans on Bran - off topic for a minute I think your quote from Billy is beautiful - really touching

11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home