Monday, April 10, 2006

The price of beef

Would you pay £85 for an extremely fatty beef sandwich? Now you can, at Selfridges. Ok, so it contains foie gras & black truffle mayonnaise, but it is the densely marbled Wagyu beef that drives the price up.

What I find confusing is how it can be;

Food and catering director at Selfridges on Oxford Street, Ewan Venters, said: "Well it is definitely a very healthy, a very hearty sandwich.


As well as contain Wagyu beef with its dense marbling;

The marbling is so dense that the lean muscle to marbling ratio can reach 9:1, or 90% fat to 10% meat.

But then again, like Sushi, I never did claim to understand Japanese foods.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Oh MY! I wouldn't pay that much for ANYTHING I eat! Just think where it ends up! But I must say ... I do like my meat marbled!! I bet its a very GOOD sandwich! Sadly I'll never know ... unless someone wants to buy me one!

7:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe they could charge so much for a sandwich, let alone anyone actually buying it. I would never pay that much for a sandwich.

5:06 pm  
Blogger prying1 said...

Why not just get a tub of lard and a loaf of bread. Much cheaper!

6:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wouldn't, but then I'm a veggie...

10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home