Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Home sick

I have lived in England most of my adult life, so when I go home, I go to England. It took my family a while to get used to hearing me say, "I'm going home ...", when I was visiting them in Denmark. Home is where I hang my hat, and I can't say I have really missed my original country. I have missed family and friends, and I still wish my best friend wasn't so far away, but it was not till last week I realised there was one thing I missed about not living in Denmark. The weather.

Most of the year the weather in Denmark is pretty much the same as southern England, only a few degrees colder, but winter is different.

We have had snow. Big fluffy snowflakes falling from the sky, but melting almost as soon as they hit the ground, where as in Denmark we have just spend a week playing in the snow.

Showeling snow and icy roads is a small price to pay for being able to race down hills on sledges, building snowmen and having snowball fights.

I love snow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, I love snow too. I just don't like the way that every time it happens in England, it seems worthy of front page news and also has the ability to bring everything and everyone to a standstill, despite the fact that it happens every year...

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home