Wednesday, January 11, 2006

C'est bonne

I don't really speak any french. I remember getting what was equivalent of a C in french at college, purely because my prenounciation sounded like I knew what I was saying.

Since then I have actually been to france, which always helps, but I would still be lost if someone tried to explain me the way to the nearest post office. Is internet cafe the same in french as in english?

In a couple of years I can get my 3 year old to translate for me. He is learning french at nursery. This morning when we whwre having breakfast he put his tumb up and pronounced, "C'est bonne!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe its called "cafe d'internet" in French.

The Ecole Francais went through a period of trying to make up technical words in French but everyone kept ignoring them.

They do try to enforce "MdR" (mort de rire / death by laughing) in place of "LoL" but beyond that it's just American words with a few french accents thrown in.

Vive la resistance.
Cul De Sac.
Le Weekend.

Merde.

9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home