Friday, January 13, 2006

Gourmet

You can look at a persons car and it will say something about them, or how about their shoes? Shoes says alot about people. Mine says I need a butler so they can be polished. So I guess they also say I haven't got a butler. Which is why I have to do my own supermarket shopping.

I am not one of those odd creatures who actually enjoys supermarket shopping, but since it has to be done I try to not let it bother me.

So what is in everybody's shopping basket? Salmon or fish fingers? Who is single and lives on ready meals, and who has a large family on a budget? Who does their shopping influenced by the latest gourmet trends and who buys 2-for-1 offers?

What does you shopping say about you?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm Shopping.

My neighbour does it on the internet which we all agree is cause she's lazy.

Madam Tao and I fight over who is going because I don't like what she comes back with and I don't like her choices. Such is food snobbery at Chateau Tao.

Shoes are interesting. A friend of mine has become so irritated with the number of shoes his wife buys that now, everytime she buys a pair of shoes, he does too. It is getting expensive but he is playing the long game. Yesterday she said to him "do you really need all these shoes?". Now that's progress.

9:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

b.t.w forgive the stream of conciousness - just finsihsed a bottle of Jacob's Creek and my fingers cannot keep up with my brain (if Madam Tao had done the shopping it would have been Liebfraumilch).

9:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shopping? It says I am married with kids. I use more coupons than anyone I know IRL and I probally buy to much. OH and I have cats. :)

5:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It says that we don't want to go out - because we are doing HUGE shopping when we does, then we stay inside. Gone in to hibernation for the winter. Don't want to go out more than absolutely needed.... *freezing*

6:32 pm  
Blogger Pause said...

My shopping says I buy way to much junk food.

9:12 pm  
Blogger web_loafer said...

Shopping carts??? In America those are called mobile homes, by the homeless. The grocery stores pay about $300 for each of them, and the homeless can be seen pushing them between here and there. No one arrests the homeles for the theft of the mobile homes. Who would dare? After all, they call them mobile homes so how tell me could we call them homeless.
All humor aside, many people offer the homeless jobs, but they like their life style, so we butt out of that problem.
Just one more problem that really doesn't need solved. Offer food, clothing and a bath, and you'll get a blank stare and the question, 'ya got any spare change?
I always give them a few quarters, but tell them, "It really isn't spare, but here"

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home