Thursday, August 11, 2005

Subject: GATE Gourmet Update2


Due to unofficial industrial action by our in-flight caterers, Gate Gourmet, we are experiencing disruption to catering services on our flights today. Please accept my apologies.

We are doing everything possible to make sure you have the opportunity to obtain food before you fly.

Vouchers will be issued to you at the check-in counter if your flight is over 3 hours or you are a Club Europe customer. The vouchers can be used in the catering retail outlets in the terminal. There are also additional refreshment points available in the departures lounge for all customers on British Airways flights.

As a result of this action we are also unable to guarantee any onboard catering or duty free sales, offer any special dietary requirements, or provide baby food onboard. Drinking water will be available on all flights.

I would like to apologise once again and thank you for your understanding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the best from British Airways at ba.com
http://www.ba.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Did this actually HAPPEN??? Oh mi gawsh! I'd be a raving lunatic! The passengers deserve a partial refund if nothing else! That's horrible!

Guess you can tell I like to eat! LOL

9:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I dunno... A luck escape, I think. BA food is not good...

11:18 am  
Blogger Sparkling said...

It's happening now, and yes, there is a downside if you like airplane food.

12:51 pm  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Not sure I especially LIKE airplane food ... but I need SOMETHING to nosh on. And long flights between the States and Britain HAVE to have food!! I'd curl up in a ball and die if I didn't have it!

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home