Sunday, August 28, 2005

Nottinghill Carnival

I have lived in London, but I have never attended the Nottinghill Carnival. At one point I lived en route of the carnival, but I was working night shifts so slept my way through most of it. I made a point of getting out in time to catch some of the carnival before going of to work one day, but I found it hard to get into the carnival spirit. The glamor. The party. All the smiley faces.

My life was not at a happy point at the time, so for me, the Nottinghill Carnival will always bring back the wrong memories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

That's sad ... its a shame that something festive and fun has to bring back unpleasant memories.

I hope you have many other memories of festive and fun times to make up for that loss! If not .. go make some happy memories at tne next festival that is close to you!

10:23 pm  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

I have been to one in 1997 (or was it 96?) I was in London, looking for work and life (ok, life wasn't that great then). Anyway, it was good fun except some French got killed in a gun shot.

2:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home