Monday, August 22, 2005

Cigarette break


Most workplaces have banned smoking in the UK, but lighting up is often still permitted, as long as you go outside, which means smokers get more breaks!
When I was a smoker I would probably have 4-5 cigarette breaks a day, which added about 30 minutes to my break allowance, but nobody complained as long as I smoked in the dedicated smoking corner of the carpark.

Then I gave up smoking and what would people say if I took three or four 5-10 minute breaks outside of normal breaktime now? Nothing?

If you want to smoke, do it in your own time, and don't forget to think of the non-smoking employees at your local pub!

"My name is Sparkling, I am an anti-smoker"

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Absobloodylutely.

10:19 am  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Half an hour a day is another 15 days a year I could add to MY life... to spend dancing in the rain.

12:05 pm  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Dr.Fil: I changed the part of my lifestyle that 'needed' to smoke. If the will is strong enough there is a way. Good luck!

2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I‭ ‬actually‭ ‬do‭ ‬take‭ "‬non‭ ‬smoking‭" ‬breaks‭ ‬through‭ ‬my‭ ‬day‭, ‬I‭ ‬sit‭ ‬and‭ ‬read‭ ‬the‭ ‬newspaper‭, ‬or‭ ‬draw‭ ‬or‭ ‬do‭ ‬a‭ ‬soduko‭ ‬puzzle‭, ‬it‭ ‬helps‭ ‬me‭ ‬stay‭ ‬more‭ ‬focus‭ ‬and‭ ‬over‭ ‬all‭ ‬more‭ ‬productive‭ ‬then‭ ‬I‭ ‬would‭ ‬have‭ ‬just‭ ‬sitting‭ ‬in‭ ‬front‭ ‬of‭ ‬the‭ ‬computer‭ ‬all‭ ‬day‭. ‬Sometime‭ ‬when‭ ‬I‭'‬m‭ ‬stuck‭ ‬on‭ ‬a‭ ‬project‭ ‬I‭ ‬go‭ ‬outside‭ ‬of‭ ‬the‭ ‬building‭ ‬for‭ 10 ‬minus‭ ‬and‭ ‬then‭ ‬when‭ ‬I‭ ‬get‭ ‬back‭ ‬I‭ ‬have‭ ‬a‭ ‬fresh‭ ‬way‭ ‬of‭ ‬looking‭ ‬at‭ ‬the‭ ‬problems‭ ‬and‭ ‬finding‭ ‬a‭ ‬solution‭.‬

I‭ ‬think‭ ‬it‭ ‬probably‭ ‬wouldn‭'‬t‭ ‬work‭ ‬at‭ ‬any‭ ‬line‭ ‬of‭ ‬job‭, ‬but‭ ‬that‭ ‬it‭ ‬would‭ ‬help‭ ‬almost‭ ‬everyone‭ ‬no‭ ‬matter‭ ‬what‭ ‬line‭ ‬of‭ ‬work‭ ‬they‭ ‬are‭ ‬in‭, ‬especially‭ ‬if‭ ‬you‭ ‬have‭ ‬to‭ ‬get‭ ‬creative‭.‬

1:48 pm  
Blogger Pause said...

You reformed smokers are the worst. Always hating what you really want ;).

I never smoked and I just go outside with the smokers when I want a break. Let them try and complain about it.

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home