Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Supermarket salad-bar forks

Squeezing the last cerial out of the box this morning I realised I could postpone no longer, I had to go to a shop sometime today, and as we didn't have much in in form of lunch either I chose my lunchbreak to stock up.

Lunchtime came up, I jumped in my overheated car, turned the airconditioning to freeze and drove to the nearest supermarket. Bread, butter, ham, fruit, vegetable... I won't bore you with my entire shopping list... a bowl of salad from the saladbar and a plastic fork provided for the purpose. I paid, dropped my groceries in the boot and drove back to the office and parked my car in the shade.


Have you ever tried eating roughly chopped lettuce with a 12cm (4½ inch) long plastic fork?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As my dad used to say, "they're as useless as *bleeps* on a boar."

3:09 pm  
Blogger Sparkling said...

I don't know that one 'OldGuy'... but yes, like eating soup with a teaspoon.

3:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

lmao

4:16 pm  
Blogger Mahd said...

They tend to also be made of Grade Q plastic, so if you actually do spear something with them, they fold like a Korean automobile.

5:37 pm  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Only sheer determination got me through my lunch. Luckily there was no cherry tomatoes.

8:57 am  
Blogger Coloratura said...

Well actually, what you have there, little lady, is what is commonly referred to around these here parts as a 'spork.' (spoon + fork = spork)

It defies all common and aesthetic senses, if you ask me...

1:50 am  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Plastic forks are an embarassment to the father/mother of invention whomever THAT might be!

They are the most horrid things I've ever used in my life. UGH!

3:00 am  
Blogger Hashi & RJ said...

one word

SPORK !!!!

half spoon half fork - they're great !

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home