Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Supermarket salad-bar forks

Squeezing the last cerial out of the box this morning I realised I could postpone no longer, I had to go to a shop sometime today, and as we didn't have much in in form of lunch either I chose my lunchbreak to stock up.

Lunchtime came up, I jumped in my overheated car, turned the airconditioning to freeze and drove to the nearest supermarket. Bread, butter, ham, fruit, vegetable... I won't bore you with my entire shopping list... a bowl of salad from the saladbar and a plastic fork provided for the purpose. I paid, dropped my groceries in the boot and drove back to the office and parked my car in the shade.


Have you ever tried eating roughly chopped lettuce with a 12cm (4½ inch) long plastic fork?

11 Comments:

Anonymous OldGuy said...

As my dad used to say, "they're as useless as *bleeps* on a boar."

3:09 pm  
Blogger Sparkling said...

I don't know that one 'OldGuy'... but yes, like eating soup with a teaspoon.

3:25 pm  
Blogger Christie said...

lmao

4:16 pm  
Blogger Mahd said...

They tend to also be made of Grade Q plastic, so if you actually do spear something with them, they fold like a Korean automobile.

5:37 pm  
Blogger Natalia said...

Just today I tried eating potatoes and honey roasted chicken with a tiny little plastic fork.
At one point, I thought there was a bone in my potato, and then realized it was just the broken pokey end of my fork.

11:28 pm  
Blogger Clublint said...

Those forks are a poor excuse as an eating utensil. The tines are never long enough and if you try and stab a tomato with it either the tomato "jumps" around in the container or you break the damn fork.

I'm here by the grace of Blog Advance and thought I'd say hiya.

Did you end up using your fingers?

Deb

4:20 am  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Only sheer determination got me through my lunch. Luckily there was no cherry tomatoes.

8:57 am  
Blogger Mandy said...

I reckon that's kinda like eating rice with chopstix lol :)

9:36 pm  
Blogger Coloratura said...

Well actually, what you have there, little lady, is what is commonly referred to around these here parts as a 'spork.' (spoon + fork = spork)

It defies all common and aesthetic senses, if you ask me...

1:50 am  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Plastic forks are an embarassment to the father/mother of invention whomever THAT might be!

They are the most horrid things I've ever used in my life. UGH!

3:00 am  
Blogger Ruthless Jack said...

one word

SPORK !!!!

half spoon half fork - they're great !

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home