Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Backseat driver

When I first got my driving license my Dad used to always encourage me to drive if we where going somewhere, so I could get more driving experience. However, I refused to drive if he was in the car. When you are a new driver you don't need someone commenting on every little move you make, or don't make. He used to tell me (he called it advice) when to change gear. Usually just before I was going to do it anyway.

I have now had my license for many years, and have had several years of driving experience. I know when to follow the rules, and when it is safer to break a few (when driving in London eg). Even my dad lets me drive in peace on the rare occasion when he is a passenger in my car (he was never a very good passenger).

..then I got a 3 year old and it has started all over again. "You're over the line", "both hands on the steering wheel", "You're driving to fast", is lines I hear from the back seat all the time... from our 3 year old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home