Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Lunch Break

Having a history of a minimum 45min commute to and from work, I have always either bought lunch, or gotten up in the morning with time to make a sandwich to bring in.

Back in my granddads days he would go home for lunch, and my grandmother would have lunch in the table. After lunch he would go back to work and she would clear the table and start dinner prepartions.

In my new job, when we don't go to the pub to play pool (but that's another story), or go to the chinese for the lunch buffet, I live so close that I can have lunch at home.

So why is it that modern life means there is noone at home to have lunch with? Never mind cook it for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

I would love to be able to eat lunch at home. Think of all the money you would save. I work all day long and then go to class in the evenings, so I normally eat breakfast, lunch and dinner away from home. I miss actually sitting down to eat with family.

8:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, but in lieu of interesting and stimulating conversation, there is the matinee edition of Neighbours...

12:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get home for lunch either, which is too bad.

My son's school is close enough that he manages to make it some days but being a teen he doesn't always want to (except those days when there are really great leftovers from the night before. ;-)

2:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work at home, so i always eat lunch at home. This is very boring so i am actually considering to go out to get lunch. Maybe on one of those empty seats that some of you are leaving at your workplace? :-)

BTW, "lunch" is one of the nicest words in the english language. It makes my mouth all watery.

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home