Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Human rights for blondes

"Cooing should be a thing of the past because these are little people with the same rights as you or me."
And so a UK maternity ward has banned cooing over babies.

OTT* PC**, or not!? When I was a child with big blue eyes and blond curly hair, I would have loved re-enforcement of this kind of human rights. How annoying is it when strangers come up to you and think it is okay to touch your hair without invitation, just because you are a child?

If anyone had come up to me, when I was pregnant, and touched my pregnant stomach (another one of those human rights some people think they are entitled to breach) they would have come to regret it.

This is not a blonde joke. I'm going to make sure my blonde 3 year old knows his rights.



*over the top **politically correct

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Touching ... YES! I think that people should keep their hands OFF of cute little children unless invited to by the parents!

But COOOING~~~???? Ooohing and awwinng over cute little babies is a human right ... booooohoooooo ... I can't coooo anymore!

10:42 pm  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Hey Sparkling,

Sorry, but it seems that I have a person that is dedicated to span my site strictly because I won't erase something that I wrote on my blog. Because I won't do so, he says that he will spam whoever comes to my site and comments. I don't take kindly to threats, so I will steadfast and not take orders from anyone. The problem with that is that he has spammed your blog and I am deeply sorry about that. If you want to stop coming to my blog because of it I would fully understand, but I wish you will continue to come to my blog and make your presence knows. I enjoy your opinions and would hate the fact that I wouldn't see them any more. Again, I'm deeply sorry for my stalker/spammer and hope you continue to visit the "NappyDiatribe". Take care..

HumanityCritic aka James

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home