Thursday, January 11, 2007

Paperclips


I had a job offer the other day, from the company who made me redundant as of end of this month. I'm guessing they didn't really want to make me redundant but they realised too late. Actually I knew this the day after I was given my redundancy notice which has given them about 3 months to come up with a way to make me stay and forfeit my redundancy bonus.

So why did they offer me to stay to pick up paperclips? Was that the best they could come up with? Someone is not paying attention.

They forgot to brief the guy who was told to interview me, so when I turned the insulting offer down and he was sent back to try and sell me the job yesterday, I got, "it's not about you, it's about what will work for the company".

1 Comments:

Blogger DutchBitch said...

Oh yeah, right...

Sentences which begin with "it's not about you..." suck! In any circumstance...

3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home